Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kim Ewanovich Blog#20




Hello from the Zurich airport!!!

So i spent this week visiting where i first started playing in Europe. I moved to Molde, Norway in 2006 and played for the club there for three years. Tord and i arrived in Molde on Monday evening after a day of flying and spent a nice quiet night at home with his family.

The next few days were spent training with my old club and visiting friends. The trainings were good and it was nice to see some of my friends again. We decided to take advantage of the nice Molde weather and go cross country skiing, i wouldn't say i'm a horrible skier but i'm no expert. After about the first hr i was going down a hill (with my skies in the man made grove) the path curved to the right and i tried to slow down but couldn't. The path for my outside left ski faded and my ski slipped off the path and i started falling, my right ski stayed in the grove and in turn i twisted my knee (the one i had surgery on 4 years ago). Sooooo that put a big damper on the whole trip and my training with Molde. :(

I knew after twisting my knee that i had not done any real damage to it (cause lets face it, i'm an expert at it now) so i was not so worried but still took the rest of the week off handball in hopes to start training with my club again tonight.

I had a chance to watch my old team, and the guys team play their games on sunday. In both the girls and the guys games Molde won, scoring over 45 goals in each game and not letting the other team score more then 25.

A week might seem like a long time to visit and catch up with friends but it really wasn't, i didn't get a chance to see some people i would have liked to see but overall i really enjoyed the trip.

AC is coming to visit my starting on friday, so that's what i'm now looking forward to. For those of you that don't know who AC is, she is a good friend on mine that plays on the national team and is currently going to school in Spain. She will be staying with me till tuesday. :)

I don't have a game this weekend but we will start training again tonight to prepare for the game in 2 weeks.

Bisous

Kimberley

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim - I enjoy checking out your blog through the ATHF every once in a while. I played handball for 15 years in AB, going to Nationals for many years as a junior & senior. But I am living in Paris this year and have been to a few games here, most recently the Issy Paris-Toulon games. Was amazing to watch. So if & when next time you come here to play, I would love to come and meet you and say hi. You can reach me at 06-73-65-93-26. Ingrid

    ReplyDelete